Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011)

American Poster For the 2011 release
Just finished watching Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and all I can say is that it was fantastic.  I was flabbergasted, as usual, by the acting prowess of one Gary Oldman, as well as the entire ensemble cast of people that I know by name (Colin Firth) and people that I know by face and reputation.

I was intrigued from the first shot, and enamored by the second, and it never stopped disappointing.  I might have been confused by the narrative, but perhaps I didn't pay as much needed attention as possible to the plot, but I can't, having said that, claim that it still wasn't worth watching.

The acting, the cinematography, the art direction, the music, and the sound mixing were all spot on.  All in all, I would say that the filmmakers achieved their goal with this piece of cinema, it is phenomenal from beginning to end, top to bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment